I am a born again blogger. I blog about anything that comes into my head to write about; here and on my specialist Magick Blog at ankhafnakhonsu.net. I write stuff for other people’s blogs for money. I am a bloggin’ prostitute. I also read a lot of blogs. Blogs about everything. I follow blogs about writing, people’s everyday lives, cooking and food, nerdy computer geek stuff, magick and witchcraft, politics, conspiracy theorists and their theories and just about everything else that even half interests me to read about. In all of that reading I come across blogs that I just like.
It may be the way that they are written, the use of language, the style of the site design, the topic chosen for the blog, the name of the blog, or any one of a number of other, less definable things that attract me to follow what someone else is writing. In those wanderings through the depths of interstellar cyberspace I have found some real gems; some are rough diamonds and others are polished gems gleaming in the inky blackness of the blogosphere but they all have a certain quality about them that I find alluring or enticing so that I am filled with the joys of anticipation when I see the latest post on their blogs waiting for me to read in my inbox or as I open their blog to see a new title announcing another post of ethereal quality.
I am amazed at how much people share on the web; of themselves and their lives as they share their interests, eruditions and experiences in the blogosphere for our elucidation, education and entertainment. So I decided to share a list of my favorite eleven blogs with you. Why eleven? Why not! Anyway I couldn’t stop at ten. Originally I wasn’t going to list them in any sort of order but then I thought to myself- “Hang on a minute! Grow a pair and put your money where your mouth is mate!” mixing my metaphors in sheer defiance of the sacred gods of grammar in genuine bloogster style. So here they are- my top eleven favorite blogs (at this very minute) and a few words that may explain why I like them (but only may):
11. A Day In The Life… Glimpses and tales into the life of a 20 something midwestern girl, http://carynlevyonline.wordpress.com/ is a snappily written blog that is about just what the title says that it is. The feature that gets it onto the list is the wonders of the web Wednesday posts of links to a new slew of online curios and sideshows.
10. Curious Notions, http://linda.curious-notions.net/ is just a nice tidy, well written blog and Linda seems to be a switched on sassy girl who tells it like it is. She also just comes up with great topics and catchy titles.
9. Boing Boing, http://boingboing.net/ is here even though I really didn’t want to include anything other than genuine enthusiast bloggers but Boing, Boing has so much crazy internet shit on it that it had to make the list.
8. a small dark light, http://asmalldarklight.wordpress.com/ even though this blog is a bit irregular it is always poetic and profound. I can say no more.
7. Life and Art | working through the absurdity of life, http://gilliansblog.wordpress.com/ is exactly what blogs are about. This mix of domestic observation, artistic musings and serendipitous creativity is precisely what makes blogging so bloody great.
6. Stuff White People Like, http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/ is a new comer to my favorite list but it is just what the title says it is and being white I could hardly not bloody like it could I?
5. Sara Dobie’s Blog, http://saradobie.wordpress.com/ is another blog that has that perfect mix of personal log that puts the log in blog. Sara pours her heart out about her life’s adventure in one post and piles scorn on Snookie’s book in the next. Just brilliant.
4. Ed Hurst- Do What’s Right, http://jehurst.wordpress.com/author/jehurst/ don’t let Ed’s Christian mysticism put you off; he will preach the Hard Gospel Truth at you here but he will give you the Truth about the overlords that want to run the world too. And, if you are one of those geeks that feels the need to escape from the evil clutches of Microsoft then Ed’s blogging on alternative OS and other nerdy stuff will help keep you off the radar too. Always a thought provoking read.
3. The Honest Courtesan, http://maggiemcneill.wordpress.com/ this is one savvy lady with her head really screwed on who isn’t afraid to speak her mind. Enter at your own risk. I just love this site.
2. Bad Advice From My Brother, http://badadvicefrommybrother.com/ this site is what the internet was made for. If you are easily shocked or upset don’t go here, otherwise step inside and have a laugh at the shit that this guy’s brother tells him. With the whole world egging the guy on it just keeps getting better too.
1.The Naked Listener’s Weblog, http://thenakedlistener.wordpress.com/ and its affiliate blogs are easily my favorite blogs. This in your face, tell it like it is style of writing and the confronting, politically incorrect but truthfully honest style of this blog is a great dynamic. TNLW keeps evolving and trying new things, has great design and illustrations, and just hits the nail on the head so often that I never miss a post.