I was pleasantly surprised today to discover that I had been nominated for a Very Inpspiring Blogger Award by my fellow blogger Spider Goddess. I have been writing for this blog for just on two years now and it amazes me that it would inspire anyone but judging from the traffic through this site and its sister blog Ankhafnakhonsu’s Magick Blog someone is actually reading what I have been writing. This award confirms that they actually like it too.
In keeping with the rules for these awards I am now obliged to write some things about myself that my readers may not know about me.
1. I was born in the United States and lived for the first half of childhood in Syracuse New York before immigrating to Australia with my family in 1972.
2. My original ambition in life was to be an artist and I still enjoy making watercolor landscape sketches when I have the time. I have also designed three of the covers for my books.
3. I have spent over a quarter of a century working as an al a carte chef although I have become a freelance writer in recent years (shameless plug).
4. I am a compulsive sports fan and my favorite sports are Formula 1, Cricket, Baseball, Australian Rules Football (Go Bombers!!!).
5. I am a self confessed computer geek and an obsessive gamer. I would rather play Tiger Woods Golf on the Wii than spoil a good walk by playing the real thing. RTS games rock!!!
6. Even though I do drive, I dislike automobiles (except F1 cars) and I would rather walk than ride.
7. I read a lot and don’t have any favorite authors in particular (perhaps I am just indecisive) but I do have books that I admire. Among them are One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez; The Glass Bead Game by Hermann Hesse, Shogun by James Clavell and the most recent would be the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by steig Larson.
The final condition of being awarded the Very Inspiring Blogger Award is that I have the privilege of choosing other bloggers that have inspired me to pass it on to. There are four blogs that I follow that I would like to pass this award onto because they have inspired my own blogging and made me think about the way that I write. Rather than just listing some blogs I would also like to share what I find inspiring about each of them:
Do The Right Thing- Ed Hurst: A unique view on modern America and inspiring because of Ed’s sheer level of persistent energy for writing and blogging.
Necropolis Now: The most scholarly blog on Witchcraft online. Inspiring for the detail of the research that is done by Caroline for each post.
The Venetian Vase: A great blog on all things to do with crime writing. Inspiring for closing the degrees of separation between myself and one of the all time great writers James Ellroy.
Invocatio: An interesting perspective on the occult arts and inspiring for the sheer number of great links posted.
I would also nominate The Naked Listener but as he has furloughed his fantastic blog in protest I will have to restrict myself to a very honorable mention.